HomePage | RecentChanges | Preferences |
Create User ID |
Existing User Login |
Page Index |
(Just a quick note, for those new to Wiki editing, you can create sub-pages off of this one by using a leading "/" character in front of a Wiki:WikiWord to create pages that logically flow from this one. For example: /StaffPositions? creates a link to an as-yet-nonexistent page called "EarthDay/StaffPositions?", which keeps it logically grouped with the EarthDay project. Clicking on the "Page Index" link on the top/bottom of any wiki page will show the full list of pages in the wiki, and you'll see other ones with subpages, and how they group together. It also does other cool things, like automagically adding a link to the parent page in the header/footer of each subpage. As of this writing, that "EarthDay/StaffPositions?" page doesn't exist, yet, so it can be renamed as desired before creating it, and this long sentence may be deleted when it no longer applies. See the WhatIsAWiki and WikiEditingRules pages for details and specifics. --PatrickSalsbury)
Conway Earth Day 2005 Wiki Workspace
Please feel free to post and edit material appropriate to this planning and development project, creating and linking additional pages as seems best. For starters, following is a condensed/topical list of our mobilization needs check list from the August 1, 2004, newsletter which contains a more comprehensive description of each item and may be viewed online at http://www.gozarks.com/earthday/newsrelease/newsletter080204.html:
- Public School Liason for the in-school advertising of event and the Earth Day Grocery Bag project
- Each of the following items represents a particular aspect of "media & event management" work.
- College Student Organizer: Jenny Ball, a senior at Hendrix
- General Volunteer Coordinator to make sure everybody who wants to help has a place to start.
- Art and Visual Display Coordinator to create our Global Village atmosphere and a visual presence to the community that correlates with peace and nature. This group will also be responsible for making directional and event signs. We will have many "Earth Art Day"s so that everybody can share in the fun. One of these days is a tye dying day to put some color into some screen printed t-shirts and bandanas that we can sell as official merchandise at the event! Denise Brewer of the Comfort Zone Massage Therapy clinic has volunteered to lead this as she has lots of experience.
- Vendor / Exhibitor Coordinator to help make our contract packet for the businesses, contacting interesting businesses, and being the contact person for the businesses. The day of the event they need to make sure the booth participants get everything they need and that we receive our donations in a timely fashion.
- Waste Coordinator for the event to ensure that we have clearly labeled trash and recycling containers and that these materials get where they need to go.
- Contests and Door Prize Coordinator to come up with some fun trivia or games to give away donated doorprizes.
- EXPERIENCED Stage, Sound, Power and Technical Support Coordinator to not actually "do" this stuff, but to make sure it all gets done.
- Food & Beverages Coordinator to focus on bringing in healthy, locally grown and produced and/or cultural foods and beverages.
- Fundraising, Donations, and Budget Control to know how to make sure all donations are legally tax-exempt and accurately track and tabulate our numbers. Jim Mosley has offered to help with numbers but cannot take over this whole group.
- Landscape and Set Up Organizer to make sure we have tables, chairs, and a stage for the event and assist with laying out the event site.
- Security and Parking duties will hinge greatly on selected event location.
- First Aid Coordinator to find qualified personnel, get supplies donated and be responsible for a First Aid Table.
- Corporate Liaison to directly communicate with our large funders.
- Insurance Advisor to help make decisions about weather and event insurance.
- Special Events and Projects Coordinator to handle things like tree planting, Earth Day merchandise, parade, and/or an auction.
- /HackeySack Tournament, rules are in development, contact ShalomWeiss?
Reality Sculptors Homepage