HomePage | RecentChanges | Preferences |
Create User ID |
Existing User Login |
Page Index |
How To Log In
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE DIRECTIONS FIRST.
Although you can edit any page anonymously, it's nice to have a record of who made what changes, and provide automatic links to your personal info page, so you should create a User ID and log in when making edits. Here's how:
- Make sure your cookies are turned on (normally they are by default). This is how wiki remembers you when you return, or even move to another page.
- Click 'Create User ID' at the top or bottom of any wiki page. (You need only do this once.)
- WRITE DOWN THE ID NUMBER IT GIVES YOU! Wiki uses this number to log in, so you need to remember it! Select an editing password (prevents others from logging in as you) and also a user name. You should consider making the username a [WikiName] (see below) out of your full name, such as PatrickSalsbury. This will then automagically create links back to your page whenever you make an edit on something.
- Click 'Existing User Login' and log in using that number. After this, Wiki should use the cookie to remember you, so you don't need to keep logging in. If you're working on a public terminal or a friend's machine, and don't want to leave your cookie there, you can click 'Create User ID' again and it will put a new (blank) cookie over your old one. Erasing your personal data. Normally, there's no need to "log out" from your own machine. Wiki will remember you when you visit again.
- (Optional) Go to Users and create a link to your new personal Wiki page. (Then click on that link and fill your page with info about you, links to your home page, etc.)
You can find the basic WikiEditingRules here.
Reality Sculptors Homepage