HomePage | RecentChanges | Preferences |
Create User ID |
Existing User Login |
Page Index |
Showing revision 26
NEWS: The wiki is working again!
Due to some problems when we migrated to the new webserver, the wiki was displaying pages, but not allowing new entries. This has been corrected, so please feel free to dive in and add content where apropriate. Thanks! --PatrickSalsbury
NOTE: If you're brand new here and asking yourself "WhatIsAWiki"? Then start with that link first. It will give you the 1-minute intro and let you know what sort of things you can do here. This is not just a regular view-only website! You can add things to it and help it grow! (Just read that 1-minute intro page and learn some of the basic WikiEditingRules and you'll be off and running.)
Wiki is a collaborative web-site tool that lets many people work on editing and building a web site together. You can edit most pages at any time by clicking on the "Edit text of this page" link at the bottom of just about any wiki page. (Some pages, like this one, may be locked to prevent accidental deletion of important information.)
If being able to edit someone else's website seems like an odd or vaguely dangerous idea to you, you might want to read some of the QuestionsAboutWiki so you understand how it all works (and what protections there are) and can explain it to your friends when you start telling them about "this wacky Wiki thing." :-)
You can find out more about the Wiki concept at Wiki:FrontPage.
We're running the UseMod:UseModWiki version of Wiki Software.
Learn HowToLogIn to the wiki, so your posts get attributed to you.
You can find the basic WikiEditingRules here.
After you've learned some basic editing, please create your own personal wikiname (see HowToLogIn) and a personal homepage. Remember to add a link to the Users page!
- The online version of The Whole Future Catalog, an all-ages guide to interesting technologies and possibilities for us all as we move into the 21st Century.
- We're also building a wiki for the [Design Science Community], to provide information and links to other DesignScience related resources. This grew from a desire to gather together people who saw the BuckyPlay called "R. Buckminster Fuller: THE HISTORY (and Mystery) OF THE UNIVERSE" in San Francisco, or one of the other cities it has traveled to. This is a separate wiki-space, dedicated to connecting and strengthening the community of people working in the field of DesignScience, helping people to discover more about BuckyFuller? and his works, and provide ways to connect with others to coordinate efforts to MakeTheWorldWork?. Many people are inspired when they see the play, but don't know where to go to learn more about Bucky and the DesignScienceRevolution?. The BuckyPlay page & DesignScienceCommunity:HomePage would probably be great places to start. (If you have ideas on how these can be improved, or links to other projects, people, and resources, please post them there! :-) )
- W.I.N. is the WealthInformationNetwork project, headed up by DaveBuck. It's a comprehensive DesignScience project to try and MakeTheWorldWork? by building stronger communities and a more interconnected populace. The more people who get involved, the better the synergy, so check it out!
- The WorldFutureSociety wiki pages are here. If you're interested in the future, dive in, explore and contribute.
- UpSpin is a section relating to [the UpSpin mailing list] and is where you'll find (and can contribute to) our online effort to publish a book called "Haul Your Ass UpSpin! (A How-To Manual for Transplanting Your Life)"
If you're ready to begin, make sure you have read WhatIsAWiki, and have taken 5-10 minutes to review the basic WikiEditingRules. Then feel free to dive in and add to these pages.
Have fun! :-)
Reality Sculptors Homepage